Join the AICOIN SLACK channel to take part.
Upcoming Voting Calendar
Voting takes place either from your personal wallet or through the AICoin Dashboard. Please read further details about the voting process further down this page.
January 12 – February 21: Consideration period to question Investment Pool Board Members.
The Collective will discuss the upcoming vote and candidates for the Board and ICO sub-committee will take part in Q&A threads on the AICoin Forum. An AMA will also be hosted a week prior to the vote.
February 22 – 25: Start-up Investment Board Vote.
- Vote for the collective members of the Start-up Investment Pool Board. (Ballot details)
- Vote on compensation for collective members of the Start-up Investment Pool Board. (Ballot details)
- Vote on formation of an ICO Investment Pool (seeded from Start-up Investment Pool capital.) (Ballot details)
- Vote on a change in start-up investment selection schedule. (Ballot details)
January 21 – February 7: Express interest in the potential post of ICO Investment Committee. AN AMA will be hosted a week prior to the vote. Access to the threads will be through a forum.
February 8 – March 7: Consideration period to question potential members of the ICO Investment Pool Committee.
March 8 – 11: ICO Investment Pool Committee Vote.
- If item #3 from February vote passes, the collective members will be selected for the ICO Investment Pool Committee.
Please see information below about how to vote.
Introduction to XAI Voting
You will be voting on issues related to AICoin and The Collective directly through the smart contract.
XAI must be held on the AICoin dashboard or offsite in a private wallet to vote. It is not possible to vote tokens held on an exchange including the First Global Exchange. Contact First Global Support to move tokens from the FGC Exchange to the AICoin dashboard. The deadline to move your XAI before the vote is 12 hours in advance of the polls opening.
Voting through the dashboard
Click on the link to access the online ballot centre.
From this page you can view the result of past votes, a calendar of upcoming votes or place your vote for the current ballot.
To vote, click on the Ballots in Progress link to be taken to the page with the current issues on it and make your selections.
When you click the vote button you will be asked to confirm your selection which will register your vote. Once you have confirmed your ballot it cannot be changed.
Voting from offsite wallets
There are a couple of steps to set up to vote from an offsite wallet. You will need to:
- Run the AICoin Wallet from your computer. To do this download the zip file holding the AICoin Wallet software from the AICoin github page. Unzip all the files and then click on index.html which will open the wallet in a browser. (Please note that problems have been reported running the browser from Microsoft Edge.)
- Click on the settings link to connect to open the dialogue to connect to an ethereum node.
If you do not run a node from your local computer you can connect to a node by creating an account with infura.io. After you create your infura.io account, copy the mainet URL and paste it into the settings page in the AICoin wallet. You will see the connection to the node being made.
- After you make the connection visit the current ballot page to make your voting selections.
- When you have voted, enter your private key. The key will be used to sign the voting transaction locally, this will commit your votes to the blockchain and then they cannot be changed. Your private key is held locally and is never sent to our servers. (The Github link includes all the source code for review.)
How votes are counted
Votes have a proportional impact on the decision based on the value of the XAI held at the time of the vote. This means a wallet holding 10,000 XAI will have a greater weight in the results than a vote made from a wallet with 10 XAI.
Trading XAI during a vote
Token holders must be holding their XAI either in the XAI dashboard or in an offsite wallet. It is not possible to vote tokens held on an exchange and this includes the First Global Exchange. You can request that support move tokens currently located on the Exchange to the XAI dashboard for the duration of the vote, and then back again after the voting is closed. Deadline to request your XAI to be moved is 04:00 UTC on the day of the vote.
The XAI dashboard will go ex-vote on 04:00 UTC on the day of the vote. Trading will continue after this time but no trades will be settled until after the polls have closed. (The position will still be reflected in your dashboard for any trades carried out during this time.) This means buying and selling can continue as normal but you will only be able to vote using the coins that were in your account at the time the dashboard went ex-vote.
If you are holding your coins in your own wallet please be aware that coins that have voted cannot be transferred until after the ballot is closed (The smart contract prohibits these movements.)
Additional voting information
Voting is not mandatory. If votes are not used by token holders they will not be used by others. Votes carried out from the dashboard will be visible on the blockchain so you can validate that votes have been cast as directed. However, the signing of the voting transactions takes place offline for security and are then published onto the blockchain. This will be done intermittantly during the voting period.
Placing a vote costs a small amount of ether. For those holding their coins on the AICoin dashboard, costs will be covered by AICoin. Those holding their coins offsite will need to place a small amount of ether as Transaction Gas in each wallet address that holds your coins.
February 22 – 25, 2018 Ballot Details
, with one coming up each year for filing.
Ballot item #1 Elect Collective members of the Start-up Investment Pool Board.
Two representatives from the Collective will join two members from the Service Provider, along with cryptocurrency thought leader, Jon Matonis on the board to recommend Start-up investments. Six candidates from the Collective are vying for the two positions. Collective members will vote for the candidate they consider most suitable (To provide for two terms that do not end on the same date, the candidate with the highest number of votes will serve a two-year term and the candidate with the next highest number of votes will serve a one-year term. Going forward, one representative will be elected each year for a two-year term.)
How the votes are counted
You are given the opportunity to vote for one board member. The individual with the most votes will have a two year term and the individual with the second most votes will have a one year term. Subsequent elections will be for 2 year terms. Therefore we will have the member terms staggered, with one coming up each year for filing.
Ballot item #2
Options for compensating Collective representatives of the Start-up Investment Pool Board:
- Yes, Collective members serving on the Start-up Investment Pool Board should be compensated. Upon sale of an investment, the Collective representative shall receive one per cent of the profits realized from that investment if it was undertaken during the member’s tenure on the board. (When a person is no longer a member of the Collective or the board at the time of the Start-up sale, the Service Provider will attempt to pay this commission on a best endeavours basis.)
- No, leave it as a non-paid position.
Ballot Item #3
Vote on formation of an ICO Investment Sub-Pool seeded from Start-up Investment Pool capital.
- Yes, seed sub-pool with a one-time allocation of $70,000 USD earmarked for ICO investment
- Yes, seed sub-pool with a one-time allocation of $140,000 USD earmarked for ICO investment
- Yes, seed sub-pool with a one-time allocation of $280,000 USD earmarked for ICO investment
- No, there should be no sub-pool for ICO investment.
Note on vote counting: For the answer to be NO, the number of NO votes would have to be greater than the sum of all the YES vote choices.
Further details on the ICO Investment Pool.
Ballot Item #4
Vote on a change in the schedule for Start-up investment selection.
Currently the schedule for voting on Start-up opportunities is fixed at one vote per fiscal quarter. The Service Provider suggests changing the schedule to allow voting at any time in which the Start-up Investment Board finds a minimum of five opportunities for the Collective to consider.
The Service Provider strongly suggests adopting this measure to allow flexibility to secure desirable opportunities in a timely manner. The rules concerning a 30-day notice period for members of the Collective to consider the opportunity would still apply.